Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Simple Summer Skirt for Heidi and change of SAGAM plans

Hi :)

Its getting HOT! (46C tomorrow!!!) so I decided to make Heidi a nice cool summer skirt. Of course, because I wanted to ensure she actually wore it, I made it purple!


I simply measured her waist before she went to bed last night then made the width 1.5 times her waist measurement, eyeballed the length etc. and after about half an hour I had a skirt for her to wear today!


Ooh, and because I LOVED the nice cool fabric and didn't want to waste good leftovers, I made one for her baby too!


It was a hit so Heidi is happy and I am happy because its simple, cool and will go with everything!

In other news…

For a number of reasons my skirt fabric for SAGAM and I have decided to call it quits and go our separate ways. Instead of choosing different skirt fabric, I am changing my plan completely and instead making Imagine Gnats Bess Top!


I've measured myself up and cut out a 14 (gah - time to hit the treadmill!!) and will be making it out of a nice light cotton lawn - hopefully it turns out to be a nice breezy top.

If your in South Australia I hope you all stay cool and safe over the next couple of days.

Happy Crafting!

Erin :)

3 comments:

creations.1 said...

Heidi's skirt looks great! Sometimes the parting of the ways with fabric is the best - you will find a use for it eventually!

Sharon said...

Very cute skirt for Heidi and like the look of your fabric for the top. Did you compare your measurements to the finished garment measurement?

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love Heidi's skirt.. And how sweet to make her baby one too.. Your new Januaray plans...looks very pretty.Happy sewing.